Monday, January 21, 2013

Thank you so much...

 Thank you all very much for your kind words about my Mom's passing. I appreciate them more than I can say, and if I could hug each of you in person, I would. So consider yourselves virtually hugged. :) We packed up my Mom's apartment over the weekend. That was hard. It was helped by a few things. The first was a group of caring nurses who were genuinely saddened by Betty Lou's death. They're really good people who do a great job every day helping the elderly. I have a lot of respect for them. The second was when the DH and I were driving home one day and saw an albino deer leading a small herd across a hill (no photo, because both our mouths were open, and we just watched!). The third was driving home from her place at dusk, and looking out at this gorgeous Maryland farmland.


I have said my good-byes, but I know it will take time for it all to sink in and to come to some peace about it. You, my friends, have helped a bunch.
So thank you all, again, for being so uber-awesome and caring people.

10 comments:

  1. Please know the albino deer...was not an accident. I know how hard it is to take care of the business of closing her home...my four brothers went right to work and eased my participation. I had to go down to her boxes ...in the home and retrieve some of the precious mementos I wanted for me daughters. Tome will pass...skies will brighten and darken... but please recognize you are never alone. Be gentle...rest...seek the quiet moments in each day to remember and even talk to her. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you alot. I glad to see this update as I didn't want to intrude during this private time. I don't know if this will help but I have carried on conversations in my head with my Dad and I feel like if I'm very still, I can hear his replies. I think that our loved ones might not be here physically but their energy, their spirit, watches over us. My sister has dreams were she says that our Dad comes and talks to her and it gives her great comfort. I hope you find peace and comfort. Hold your loved ones close and know that you have many friends that love and care about you.
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and kisses right back atcha. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. been thinking about you every day, pam. i think my heart is hovering in that farmland. i hope you might feel it.

    you have an angel no doubt now on your side

    love always
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...the albino deer sighting sounds
    just so mystical and amazing.

    xox
    topangamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are ever in the neighborhood...please know you are always invited in... maybe share a pot of tea and find a place to rest your soul. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Pam. ::hugs and love to you:: Of course my thoughts and heart have been with you dear Pam. The heart is very heavy, but do know that if you ever want to talk, I'm here. Such peaceful surroundings and I hope they brought you a little comfort. Remember Pam, your dear mom is right at your side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending lots of love and hugs your way Pam.

    I'm so glad you were gifted with the love and comfort of your moms wonderful nurses (I was blown away by the hospice nurses that cared for my father too). I found it balm for the soul, to hear people speak about my dad, such a precious gift. How lovely to catch a glimpse of an albino deer - I've never heard of one - so magical.

    Take good care of yourself and please know I'm here for you.

    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete