What in the heck is going on with word verification on Blogger? Every time I get ready to comment on a blog that has it, I feel like I'm back in high school. You know...the pop math quiz. You're staring at the problem, and your mind tries to wrap itself around it, but you have no idea how to solve it.
I feel that way with this stupid new word verification. Not only are they longer, but you CAN'T READ THEM.
Okay, I feel better now. A good rant does that.
Here is a little framed drawing that I'm giving away. I was cleaning my work area the other day (and ingesting about 360 pounds of dust) when I discovered a cute little red frame that I got at Michael's for a whole dollar. I spare no expense on you people.
It needed a little drawing. So here she is - a girl with an owl on her head. Maybe she is seeking wisdom. Maybe she just doesn't know what to do now that an owl has landed on her head.
If you would like to win this doodle and a frame worth an entire dollar, just leave me a comment. I'll pick a winner on Friday, Feb. 24th at 6pm EST. More or less.
P.S. The answer to the math problem (and any others) is 42.
A paper ballerina (who seems to be missing one foot, but is still smiling!)
Valentines going for a donkey ride
An amazing cut paper card.
I'm wishing you all a sweet day. I hope you get time to enjoy a loved one (two-footed, four-footed, or the ones with wings) and some actual chocolate (I prefer milk chocolate, but dark will do in a pinch).
Remember that song in The Sound of Music? Right before Julie Andrews takes down the curtains, cuts them to pieces and somehow makes clothes for all the kids?
I wonder how my kids would have felt about that. I'm thinking they would have refused to wear them. They would have preferred to live in their tidy whities, me thinks.
But I digress! I decided to make a list of a few of my favorite things (no particular order of preference), interspersed with some new dolls and such.
1. Dogs and cats.
2. Friends and family (I have to include them otherwise I will seem shallow and ungrateful, which I am not - most of the time). I do notice that I listed dogs and cats first. Hmm.
3. Apple fritters.
4. A healthy salad someone else makes for me. Perhaps followed by an apple fritter.
5. A warm bed on a cold night.
6.The first sip of a beer, or a glass of champagne.
7. Pasta (Actually, I'll cut to the chase: all carbohydrates.)
8. A day that hovers in the 70s and is sunny.
9. Snow falling. I do love it. I just want it to go away quickly.
10. New socks.
11. New anything.
12. Creating stuff. Especially spooky cute stuff.
13. Writing. Nothing like getting lost in a story.
14. Gardening. Flowers, flowers, flowers.
16. A clean house. I've never had one, but I hear they are lovely.
17. Eating out. I think this is because if I take my kids with me, they are forced to actually communicate at some point during the meal. It's heartwarming.
Hope you are all enjoying some of your favorite things, and that you haven't resorted to pulling down the curtains and making clothes out of them, just for something to do. If you have, consider my number 12, or even number 6.